Foreign nationals who wish to settle and retire in Thailand can be eligible to apply for a Thailand Retirement visa. If the applicant has reached 50 years of age, this would be the appropriate visa for you. However, employment or volunteer work is prohibited for Thailand Retirement visa holders.
Eligibility for Thai Retirement Visa
Requirements for a Thai Retirement Visa:
- · Must be 50 years or older
- · Must hold a valid passport
- · Must prove financial capability:
- – Must have a Thai bank account with at least 800,000THB savings
Initial visa application must be done prior getting a Thailand Retirement visa. A 90-day non-immigrant O-A visa must be applied from overseas, in Royal Embassies and Consulates. Specific requirements may differ depending which country you are applying from such as proof of health insurance and police clearance on top of all other documentations. This will be extended to a year once in Thailand.
Eligibility for Thai Retirement Visa:
- · Must be 50 years or older at the time of visa application
- · Must have no criminal record in Thailand or in the country of origin;
- – Police clearance will be requested
- · Must not have prohibited diseases like Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis or Syphilis as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No 14 B.E. 2535;
- – Medical certificate will be required.
- – Health insurance are initially requested as well
If you do not have enough time in applying for the initial visa overseas, and lack of documents therein for initial visa processing, then this type of visa can also be applied inside Thailand.
These are the basic documents needed for your Thailand Retirement Visa application:
- · Visa Application Form TM7
- · Photos; 2“x2“ colored, taken within 6 months from application
- · Signed copies of your passport pages
- · Original Bank Statement with bank certification stating amount of 800,000THB in your Thai bank account
This type of visa will allow you to stay in Thailand for one (1) year which can be renewed annually. You may renew your Thai Retirement Visa as long as you meet all the requirements. Always check that your meet and exceed the eligibility for Thai retirement visa.